Join the hope team.
Hope’s Harbor was founded on a dream—of being a place of rest, refuge and rejuvenation for families.
And our incredible team has made that dream a reality every day since then. They provide strength, hope and encouragement. They care for families, so families can care for their kids.
Our team is the reason we can offer Strength Next Door.
If you enjoy serving others, and are looking for a career that changes lives, you’re in the right place.
Hope’s Harbor supports children receiving medical care by providing critical hospitality services to their families.
About Hope’s Harbor
At Hope’s Harbor, we provide a home-like place of respite for families with children in area hospitals. That experience extends beyond the physical aspects of homes. It’s present in every touchpoint we have with our guests. And since we serve families 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, we’re always available. We take care of families so they can take care of their kids. Hope’s Harbor is a place where families can stay strong, stay refreshed and stay close to their loved ones. We offer strength next door.
The Program Specialist will support a small professional team as we pursue our mission to care for families with hospitalized children. The position will connect daily with our guests and families in a way that reflects compassion, respect and empathy. This individual will work in partnership with the leadership team to ensure administrative tasks are completed as Hope’s Harbor continues to grow and expand. The Program Specialist will have broad latitude for independent action within the framework of the general policies and philosophy of Hope’s Harbor. Primary work location will be Hope’s Harbor’s Main Office with occasional travel to other site.
- Experience in a nonprofit, business or social service setting
- Demonstrated excellence in administrative, relational, and communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency using a computer for communication, correspondence and data processing
- Ability to learn industry specific software and platforms
- Valid Drivers License
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Effective professional relationships with variety of stakeholders
- Ability to communicate clearly in spoken and written language, in person and electronically
- Ability to work with intermittent direct supervision, with confidence to move assignments along independently
- Computer skills are essential, including Office 365 and ability to learn industry specific platforms
The Program Specialist is responsible for 2 main components in the organization:
(1) Program Relations
- Promotes an atmosphere of support, warmth, understanding and open communication with guest families, volunteers, medical community and staff.
- Receives referrals from the medical community and keeps accurate guest records.
- Prioritizes referrals on the wait list in accordance with guidelines, striving to serve as many families as possible.
- Greets and registers guests checking in to Hope’s Harbor. Gives tours and orients guests to policies and services.
- Ensures policies and procedures are being followed, addressing any issues in a prompt, courteous manner.
- Oversees item donations including updating wish list, putting donations away, stocking pantries for guests.
- Manage volunteer meal program including coordination and administration of volunteer relations and processes.
- Manages guest communications after checking out.
(2) Administrative Support
- General administrative duties include drafting communications, managing mailings, customer service, preparing reports, and updating organization webpages.
- Manages donation processing (entering, letter creation and distribution)
- Provide support to the team, including scheduling meetings, phone calls and event coordination.
- Supporting program evaluation by gathering and summarizing guest feedback and testimonials.
- Providing support to the board of directors, including meeting scheduling and distribution of board materials.
- Support Executive Director in planning and execution of Board of Directors communications; update recurring data reports in presentations.
- Special projects and other tasks as assigned.
Full-time, exempt position, Office Hours Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm
- Starting Salary $35,000-$40,000 per year + bonus potential.
- Benefits: 401K employer match, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation.
To be considered for this opportunity, send resume & cover letter to: [email protected].